By The Jilted Indian Podcast
Hey there listeners, it has been a while!
We are back.
We are back after an extended break to preserve our sanity.
Thank you for your patience.
Join the Jilted Indians with our recap of the Indian Superbowl! What is the Indian Superbowl? Why it’s the Scripps National Spelling Bee of course!
Listen to Season 2, Bonus Episode 7 here:
Season 2 has been covering some heavy topics as of late, so we decided to talk about the Spelling Bee aka the Indian Superbowl.
In this episode we:
- recount our spelling bee and other competition based experiences
- try to remember when the Brown kid wave at the spelling bee started
- Put out the call for stories about Brown kids being allowed to be kids and have fun without self-worth being defined by prizes and trophies
- Wish ESPN would ask us to give the color commentary for the Scripps National Spelling Bee
- Workshop the “Cool Aunty Cheer Squad”
Big Congratulations to 2018 winner of the 91st Scripps National Spelling Bee, 8th grader Karthik Nemmani. The winning word was “koinonia” which means
1: the Christian fellowship or body of believers
2: intimate spiritual communion and participative sharing in a common religious commitment and spiritual community
Thanks for listening, remember to rate and review us in iTunes and tell your friends.